Thursday, May 22, 2014

Let It Go

When you have to get something out of your system, I’d strongly advise that you do.  Trust me, you’ll be happier that way.  If you’re feeling gassy or bubbly, let it rip until you’re as flat as a can of coke left out on a California afternoon.  If you’re feeling sad, cry a river, and if you’re concealing a super power that allows you to turn things into ice, let it go, let it go, don’t hold it back anymore.  In all seriousness though, some times, getting something out of your system leaves you lighter and happier.  Other times, it leaves you heavier and happier.

Take döners for example...


Ever since my experience with my first döner… yesterday…(I have a problem, I know…), I’ve been craving for my next one.  I swear it’s not my fault.  That garlic sauce that they spread on your döner?  It’s not garlic sauce—it’s actually laced with crack.  So, naturally, this döner craving had to be dealt with, and being as responsible as I am, I dealt with it.


Located on Torstraße 125, 10119 Berlin, a few friends and I had our second of many döner experiences at Grill und Schlemmerbuffet Rosenthaler Platz.  Afterwards, we took a nice stroll around the block and came upon Efa’s Frozen Yogurt on Weinbergsweg 24, 10119 Berlin.


Efa’s was apparently voted as one of the top 10 frozen yogurt shops in Berlin, and I can definitely see why!  Their yogurt is extremely smooth and thick.  They also sweeten their yogurt with agave nectar rather than sugar!


Once we had our sweet treat, we continued with our wanderlust to Kadewe, the largest department store in Berlin!


And luckily for me, there was a farmer’s market going on across the street!  Some things, as much as you try, just don’t and never will leave your system.


And with that, I also don’t see why I would want any beautiful beautiful market to ever ever leave my system!


Being in Germany, this farmer's market, as well as I'm sure many of the ones I'll be going to, sold sausages in a case! 


Here are some of the things I picked up!!  So, apparently it's white asparagus and strawberry season here in Berlin!  I haven't had the chance to pick up any white asparagus yet, but the strawberries are absolutely delicious!  They're so tiny, and I'm not too sure if they're wild, but if they aren't, they're everything I'd ever imagined wild strawberries to be!  

Oh, it's been a happy day.  The power of getting things out of your system--what did I tell ya?

Cheerio,

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment