Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Döner Mind If I Do!

Sometimes instead of giving you lemons, life gives you two days’ worth of classes a week, and instead of making lemonade, you take those days off and you get yourself a döner!  Trust me, you’ll thank me later!

Today, I spent a good portion of my afternoon wandering the streets of Kreuzberg by the Mehringdamm U-bahn station!  From my few days in Germany, I’ve found that the weatherman could be quite mean, and hence, the weather, quite variable.  One day, it could be perfect weather for a picnic, while the next could just be anything but perfect.  So, because the days where the sun shines, the birds chirp, and the people picnic, are so far and few in between, you really have to take advantage of each and every one.  And so naturally, I did.  Or I guess you can be the judge of that!


 Recommended to me by a beloved friend, Mustafas Gemüsekebap, located on Mehringdamm 32, 10961 Berlin, Germany, was also mentioned in several blogs and “Best of Berlin” lists.  A Yelp and Trip Advisor favorite, I can definitely definitely see why.


Let me tell you, if you could put heaven in a wee little pita pocket, this is it. I got a chicken döner with an extremely delightful chili and garlic spread and all the veggies, which I swear included mint...and of course there was feta!


Afterwards, I strolled around for a bit and came upon a few markets and fruit stands!  


I also came upon some panties that could brighten up anyone's day.  Fortunately, my day was bright enough as it was, so I decided to pass these up!

And what lunch is complete without a dessert?  I stopped at this pleasant little ice cream parlour called Vanille & Marille, located on Hagelberger Str. 1Kreuzberg. There were a bunch of kids lined up outside the place, so I was pretty positive that I made a good choice.


And the ice cream itself was confirmation of my good decision making skills!

And believe it or not, my day is far from complete!  I'm actually in a rush to get ready for the Berlin Philharmonic Performance tonight, so I'll have to leave you here! 

Until next time,

Kimmy





No comments:

Post a Comment