Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Friedrichstraße in Pictures

Tomorrow, we’re taking a class trip to see the Berlin Philharmonic!  How stoked am I on a scale of one to very?  I’d say extremely stoked!  Unfortunately, because the event is classy rather than trashy, we’re not allowed to wear sneakers or flippy floppys, so my friend was in desperate need of some appropriate shoes for the occasion.

This called for a trip to Friedrichstraße, a shopping district in Berlin that not only had a Zara, but also had a Birkenstock store!  What more could you possibly ask for?  And guess what…Birkenstocks are cheaper here than they are in the US!!!  I will try to contain my excitement, and my Euros while I’m at it, because what good are Birkens when you’re starved and dying of hunger? 


So, I walked away from Friedrichstraße with empty hands and a full wallet.  And lucky for you, a relatively full camera as well!  Enjoy!

This was the subway station!  I'm still getting the hang of public transport here! 



This stand and stands similar to this are found all over the tourist areas in Berlin.  They usually sell beers and fast foods such as döner kebabs and currywursts! 



The best of the wursts!  Hardyharhar, aren't I clever...






This was the view of the Spree river from the station!

Until next time,

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment