Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rain On My Parade

When I’m traveling, I always feel as if there’s a pressure and a never-ending scramble to do it all.  This often times generates a tiny bit of chaos, and a tiny bit more of mess and madness.  In this attempt to achieve, see, and do everything, it’s easy to forget the importance of doing nothing—to take a day for yourself to just take a breather, slow down, unwind, and loosen the knots and screws that have been given every opportunity to wind themselves up tightly...very tightly.  Remember, it's lefty loose-y. 

Thankfully, I’m in Berlin, a place that receives as much sunshine in a year as the not-so-sunny state of Alaska.  And so I’ve decided that on days the sun decides to be a party pooper and a no-show, I won’t take it as a setback.  I will take the days the wind and rain decide to party crash as a reminder.  Days like today, are days perfect for a bit of me-time, a bit of one-on-one with my current flame, my one and only for the time being...myself.  

Gloomy days like these are ideal, actually, for a nice long afternoon in an internet café.  I know, I never thought I'd pair the words "gloomy day" and "ideal" in the same sentence either, but times have changed, people change, and most importantly, weather changes.  Therefore, today, I will browse the web like a mad woman, waste my time scrolling through Facebook as if I’m on a quest, and watch the sun go down, all the while catching up on my Keeping Up With The Kardashians in my peripheral vision.  It will be a day of gluttony and guilt-less pleasures. 


I’m sorry, give me a few minutes.  I’m waiting on a plate of fries and chips, or I guess being in Europe, it’d be more appropriate to say chips and crisps. 


I'm sure there'll be plenty to share, so if you'd like to join me...


I'll be at St. Oberholz, located on Rosenthalerstr. 72a, 10119 Berlin, Germany, just outside of the Rosenthaler Platz U-Bahn Station.


The only thing that could and would make this situation better is if I spoke coffee...but even that won't rain on my parade.  Actually, please do.  Do rain on my parade. 

Happily crunching and happily munching,

Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment