Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Undies and Costco


So, you know that feeling when you’re at Costco and you happen to be out of chonies and laundry detergent?  No?  Well, let me help you out.  You’re obviously in desperate need of laundry detergent but you don’t want to buy the one from Costco because it’s sold in a bucket with an unwritten guarantee to last you, and your cat, nine lifetimes.  So, you do the next best thing and head to the undies section and buy yourself a pack of undies instead.

Only kidding.

But actually though.  Y’know what I’m talking about?  It’s also kind of like wanting one bowl of rice.  You don’t want to buy the giant bag from the Asian grocery store because it would simply provide 999 bowls too many.  It’s a first world problem and I’m a horrible person, but I’m grateful for what I have, and in desperate situations like these, I’m even more grateful for beautiful things like that section in Whole Foods.  You know, the one with the clear plastic tubs filled with rice, beans, and all sorts of goods—the section where if you want one bowl of rice, you can grab a plastic bag, a metal scoop, and scoop yourself one and none too many bowls of rice?  What a great section.  Now, imagine that section, but bigger.  Better yet, imagine a whole store like that.

I know.  I peed my pants out of excitement too.

That’s what The Source Bulk Foods is.  It’s like that one beautiful section in Whole Foods, expanded, and plopped in Balmain, Australia.  The goodies that fill the clear plastic tubs range from almonds to honey macadamia nuts; black sesame seeds to red quinoa; chocolate covered honeycomb to yogurt covered apricots; varieties of mueslis to even more varieties of mueslis…need I say more?!  They also have giant barrels filled with honey, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, local Australian olive oil…and wait, I saved the best for last.  You can grind your own nut butters here too.  You think I’m joking…Almond butter, peanut butter, macadamia nut butter; however the type of nut butter depends on the day.  Today, for instance, was almond butter day.  I have to go back on Thurday.  That’s macadamia nut butter day.  If you want to go back with me, the address is 262 Darling St, Balmain, NSW, Australia 2041.


See you there,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment