Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sydney's International Fleet Review

Last Saturday marked the 100th year celebration of Sydney’s International Fleet Review.  Over the course of this week, over 50 warships will be making their way into Sydney Harbor to “commemorate the centenary of the first entry of the Royal Australian Navy’s Fleet into Sydney”.  What better way to celebrate than with fireworks?


Or I guess in this case, a picture of fireworks!


There's really not much left to say on that.  I spent the night feeling a child-like combination of awe-struck and giddy.  I can only imagine what the New Year's Eve fireworks on the harbor would do to me.  I would probably melt into a blob of glitter on the ground out of sheer happiness and excitement.  I mean, I nearly did on Saturday.

Yours,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment