Thursday, July 25, 2013

Finding Success in Failure

Sometimes I set goals, and no matter how hard I try, I never manage to reach them, but what I've realized is that it's ok.  In fact it's even better than ok.  It's life, and it's great.

Take today for example.  I woke up bright and early with the intention of going on a nice little run around the city, because sometimes the best way to discover and really get to know a new place is to get completely and totally lost in it.  But  mind you, I had goals.  And not only that, but I had a well thought out plan of how I would get lost in the city.

I would make the 15 minute jog from my campus to the beach, and from there, I would run up the coast until my legs could carry me no more.  Once I reached that point, I would force them to carry me more, and back to my comfy, cozy apartment.

Here, I'd like to actually take a moment to give a shout out to life for never going according to plan.

Of course, the run started out great, but after about twenty minutes, I realized that not only was I not getting closer to the glistening ocean or any coast whatsoever, but I was also seemingly getting further and deeper into the city.  I was probably heading the wrong way.  About approximately ten minutes after my first realization, came another--I was definitely heading the wrong way, because I found myself at a park.  But it wasn't just any old park.  I actually knew two things about this park.  One, it was called Centennial Park.  How did I know that?  There was a large sign above the entrance.  And two, Centennial Park was no where near the beach.

Being a semi-decent runner actually goes hand in hand with being an awful blogger.  I don't know if you've ever seen a runner carrying a large camera, but I haven't and I was not going to be the first one to attempt such a feat.  At least not today, but tomorrow I might consider it.  For the sake of this blog, tomorrow I will be a horrible runner, but I will carry a camera, and therefore, be a better blogger.

Long story short, I ended up going for a nice long run, and came back with nothing more than a craving.  This happens every time but today the craving was for something in particular.  A donut actually, but not just any donut.  The strawberry donut!

If you ever find yourself in Glendora, specifically, 915 E Rt 66, GlendoraCA 91740, do yourself a favor and go to The Donut Man.


Known for their seasonal donuts, The Donut Man has been featured on several Food Network shows, and for good reason too.  I didn't get a chance to try their peach donut, but their strawberry donut was delicious!


Instead of having a hole in the middle, the strawberry donut has a pocket that is very very generously filled with beautiful bright red, plump and juicy strawberries.  Trust me, they don't skimp out on the berries, but it comes at a cost.  These donuts will run you $3.25 a pop, but I thought it was worth it!


So, if you've just finished a nice long run, or even if you haven't and the craving is real, and if you happen to be in Glendora, or if you're willing to make the drive, be sure to stop by The Donut Man!  They're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

If you're not in Glendora, but in some other country like I don't know, Australia or something, you might have to join me in my search for a comparable post-long-run treat.  I haven't come across a donut shop here yet, but maybe tomorrow will be my lucky day!  If not, at least I'll have pictures from Centennial Park...if plans work out.  However,  with my luck, I'll start off heading to the park, but I'll probably end up at the beach.  Honestly though, that's life, and I'm not gonna lie, I love it.

Yours,
Kimmy





No comments:

Post a Comment