Thursday, August 1, 2013

I Suck.


Yes, it’s been a week since my last post.  I suck, I know.  But you know what doesn't?  The beach.

I never actually realized how much I loved the beach until I moved away from home to attend college, where the nearest beach was a good three-hour car ride away.  We literally made it to the beach once during the school year and it was literally a mini road trip.  There were snacks, sing-alongs, twenty questions, the whole she-bang, but that’s beside the point.  The point is we only made it to the beach once.  Can you believe it?  But as sad as that sounds, trust me, it’s a lot more than a few of my friends could say, and their school campuses are literally plopped on the beach.

This brings me to another realization.  I swear the closer you are to the beach in proximity, the less you appreciate it.  There is a very, very, negative correlation there, but it makes sense though.

I’m only kidding.  It makes no sense at all.  It actually makes negative sense.  After finding out that my friend was more often not at the beach than she was at the beach, I actually made a pact to myself to never become that person.  I, Kimberly, would never be that girl who lived by the beach, but rarely went.  As much as I adore her, I, Kimberly, would never be my friend.

And aside from blogging about Centennial Park, I am a woman of my word.

As of today, I’ve been here in Aussieland for a week, and also as of today, I’ve been down to Coogi Beach four times.  It’s actually not my fault; the beach calls out to me like the Sirens or something.  Only kidding, but actually though, Coogi Beach is stunning, and that is an immense understatement.  


 If you’re ever in the New South Wales or Sydney area, you must do the walk from Coogi to Bondi Beach.  The East Coast Beach Walk is actually a 6-kilometer walk from Coogi Beach to Bondi Beach.   


It’s currently listed as the number one tourist attraction in the Sydney area, and rightfully so.  This “walk” takes you up stairs and through cliffs and cemeteries.   


There are several lookout points and benches, a.k.a. opportunities, along the way to simply take a moment to soak it all in.   


It sounds ridiculous now, but trust me, it’s not as ridiculous as the scenery, and you’ll find yourself wanting to take advantage of these stops along the way, especially if you plan on running the trail.   


Because a picture is worth a thousand words, I’m going to assume that several pictures should be worth several thousand words, so I’ll stop my blabbering and let these pictures do the talking.


Yours,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment