Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Weekend In Weimar and Leipzig

This last weekend was filled with adventures in Weimar and Leipzig!



This baby is crying because she's not old enough for a Thüringer Bratwurst. 



Trust me, the crying is totally justified...it was delicious... One professor literally looks forward to this excursion every summer just to get his sausage fill...








THIS STAND HAD THE ABSOLUTE BEST CHERRIES I'VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE! THE CAPS IS TOTALLY NECESSARY! I actually went with the intention of getting three hundred grams, and accidentally asked for 300 kg.  In retrospect, 300 kilograms worth of cherries is sounding pretty great right about now...










 Slow and steady wins the race, I'm sure...but this snail wasn't even moving.


One of the best pistachio gelatos I've ever had...



One of my favorite German dishes.  Sauerbraten with red cabbage and kartoffelkloesse, which essentially is a potato dumpling.  All of this is drenched in a gravy worthy of the Thanksgiving table.


You're not a true soccer fan until you have soccer themed lashes.  Get on their level.






This apparently is the second oldest coffee shop in the world...


With extremely disappointing coffee I might add...anticlimactic.  And this is coming from someone who doesn't even drink coffee on the norm.

Weimar and Leipzig are absolutely perfect destinations for both literature and music buffs. Unfortunately, I am neither of the two.  Yet I still managed to have an amazing time!

Tschüss,
Kimmy










No comments:

Post a Comment