Thursday, September 19, 2013

Current Events


And by that, I’m not talking about the news you read about in the papers…For those that know me, you probably know that current events aren’t exactly my forte.  It’s rather embarrassing to admit, but hey, acceptance is the first step right? So until I reach step 12 and become all savvy and buddy-buddy with CNN and BBC, the extent of my knowledge of current events are sadly those going on in my bubble, because clearly, the world revolves around me.  I’m sorry that I have become the epitome of what is wrong with our generation, but here are a few current favorites and happenings in the world of Kimmy.

Music Favorites:

Song: Wake Me Up- Avicii. 

I’m actually obsessed with this song, and it’s becoming a real problem.  It’s my go-to get-ready-in-the-morning jam and I could literally listen to it on repeat for hours on end.  Yes, I am one of those types of people.  Don’t judge me.

Album: Nothing Was The Same- Drake



This one is more of a current listening!  I haven’t listened to the album enough to profess my love for it just yet, but a few of my favorites include From Time and Hold On, We’re Coming Home.

Books: Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter



I actually just started this, so there’s not much, or anything really to say about it just yet!

Food Favorites:

Food: I don’t even know where to begin in this category.  Being a huge and shameless eater, I literally want to list everything my fridge is stocked with, because obviously none of it would be there unless I was an absolute die-hard fan.  But, unlike my relationship with food, I have a bit more self-control and I will pick one food favourite, and it’s going to have to be Brussels sprouts.  



I swear I am not a grandma, and I also swear that these little green things are delicious!  I think I may have missed the memo detailing the extent at which everyone is supposed to hate Brussels sprouts, but so be it.  More for me.  But in actuality, these little things are so versatile and even delicious roasted, drizzled with olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with a bit of salt and pepper.  I had to pause to wipe the saliva that dripped onto my keyboard.  Only kidding.

Seasoning/Sauce/Dressing: Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce



This jar of chilli sauce is probably in every Vietnamese household in the world.  I seriously think it’s that much of a staple.  It’s funny though, because I actually never really had it when I was home.  Aside from the occasional tablespoon I’d mix into my hoisin dipping sauce for spring rolls, this beautiful sauce never really held a special place in my heart.  This all changed a few days ago.  I was really craving something with a kick and was so overwhelmed by all the options on the grocery shelves, that I naturally went for something relatively familiar.  I then went home and threw some of the chilli into a vegetable stir-fry, ate it, and proceeded to make some room in my heart for Huy Fong Chili Garlic Sauce to move in.  It adds the perfect oomph to any oomph-less dish and will spice up your dish and inevitably, your life.

Make-Up Favorite: Mac Mineralized Skin Finish



Sometimes, I tend to overlook things that are...lacking better words for it...just there.  So basic and essential to my daily routine, the Mac Mineralized Skin Finish doesn't have the same pizzaz and sparkle as a blusher or lip color.  Nevertheless, it's reliable and I can always count on it being there for me when nothing else seems to going right.  Kind of like friends, it makes me a better person.  That may have been a slight exaggeration.  How's this?  It makes my face a better face.  Regardless, many times, basic and essential items such as the MSF don't get the love and appreciation they deserve, but it's important not to take these little friends for granted.  Instead, turn to your makeup bag and give these everyday basics a little gratitude and an appreciation kiss while you're at it.  Here's to you Mac Mineralized Skin Finish!  Merci Beaucoup!

Fashion Favorite:

This one was a no brainer.  I honestly cannot believe this has been missing from my life for a good twenty years, but no worries.  I've made up for lost time by stocking up.  It's actually becoming a problem, and I should really stop, but what am I talking about?  The Cotton On India Drapey Pants of course!  Duh...


In actuality though, these pants are the epitome of multi purpose done right.  I reach for these bottoms way too often for way too many occasions.  They are extremely versatile and I can't even count the number of times I have worn them to bed, and then to class; to lounge around in, and then to the club (with a pair of black wedges of course!).  They kind of remind me of a fluffy dog. Comfortable, cute, and dude, how could you not love them?  

And I'll leave it at that!  I hope I've fulfilled your thirst for current events, and until next time, you stay classy San Diego.

Cheers,
Kimmy 





No comments:

Post a Comment